The Filler Detective ™ (Patent Pending) will find hidden body damage and body filler on a car, truck or motorcycle. We have tested the Filler Detective on all kinds of body fillers including popular ones such as Bondo ®. The Filler Detective will tell you where it is, AND how deep it is. THIS METER DOESN’T MISS.
This is a one-button tool that lights up and sounds off when it detects exactly where the body filler is that was used to repair any damage.
You can spot check the body of the vehicle, or safely slide it on the micro-fiber nose over a whole panel.
The sound is detectable even in noisy environments such as auctions, car shows, or large crowds.
The lights are visible in bright sunshine and exceptionally brilliant in any lesser lit areas.
"PAYS FOR ITSELF IN JUST ONE USE"
- Sound Alert for location and depth of hidden previous damage
- Visual LED Alert - For Depth, Bright, daylight visible LEDs
- 9 Volt Duracell Battery (included) operated, no charger to lose
- Fits in standard shirt pocket
- Stainless Steel belt clip
- New technology (patent pending)
- Protective Micro-Fiber contact pad to prevent paint scratches
- Lanyard for ready hand hold access
- Screwdriver for battery cover
- Portable verification plate for accuracy confirmation
- Bright green rubberized paint for visibility and durability
- Made of ASA (Acrylonitrile Styrene Acrylate) High grade Automotive parts plastic, die formed
- All this for an MSRP of less then $100!
The Filler Detective™
WILL FIND HIDDEN BODY DAMAGE AND BODY FILLERS :
All these nationally used Auto BODY FILLERS, combinations of these, and more:
- Bondo ® 3M™ Bondo Filler®
- 3M™ A Acryl–Green Spot Putty
- Feather-Rite ® USChemical®
- U-Pol Flyweight Gold
Instructions for The Filler Detective™
There are no user-serviceable items other than the Battery.
All adjustments have been made at the factory.
1- Install the Battery – Use the screwdriver provided in the package and unscrew the battery cover door on the back of The Filler Detective™. Lift door out of the way and pull up the battery connecter and snap it on to Duracell 9 Volt Battery provided. Drop battery into compartment and replace cover, securing with the screws and screwdriver. Low Battery is indicated when The Filler Detective™ is held in the air and the button is pushed (red light intermittently lights and goes out, repeatedly).
2. To use The Filler Detective™ hold it perpendicular to the surface to be tested using the arrow for spotting, press button, and move the meter along the surface where you suspect hidden body filler.
3. When body filler is spotted, The Filler Detective™ will sound off with beeping and the appropriate LED will light up to show the depth of the body filler.
4. Using the test plate – hold The Filler Detective™ perpendicular to the metal side of the test plate and push the button – it should light up the green light and not beep. Then flip the plate over and touch The Filler Detective™ to the painted side and push the button – it should beep and light up the yellow light. Then hold The Filler Detective™ in the air and push the button – it should beep and light up the red light.
- Green – no body filler present
- Blue – 1/16 inch thick body filler present
- Yellow – 1/8 inch thick body filler present
- Orange – 3/16 inch thick body filler present
- Red – 1/4 inch thick or more body filler present
5. Cleaning – DO NOT USE LACQUER THINNER, OR ANY AGGRESSIVE PAINT STRIPPING PRODUCTS, AND ONLY WIPE THE SURFACE WITH A CLOTH DAMPENED WITH SOMETHING SIMILAR TO SIMPLE GREEN OR A MILD HOUSEHOLD CLEANING PRODUCT. DO NOT IMMERSE.
6. The Micro-Fiber black protective strip on the working end of The Filler Detective™ will need to be replaced when it no longer feels smooth and slippery. These are available at no charge with instructions, limit of two (2) free strips, by calling or emailing